News and features from BBC News - Education and Family
- Narrow vocabulary 'hits pupils' grades'
Research suggests four out of 10 pupils in their first year of secondary have limited vocabulary.
- 'My teacher saved me from suicide'
Now 26, Hati Sparey-South is herself training as a teacher, determined to help today's pupils.
- Should twins be taught separately?
A study suggests not - and says there should be no strict rules about separating twins at school.
- Student loans interest rate to rise in line with inflation
Rates charged on student loans will go up from 6.1% to 6.3% from September.
- Governors quit free school where no pupils did GCSEs
An Ofsted inspection last year rated Route 39 Academy inadequate in all areas.