One of the most important duties of the School is to ensure the safety of the children in its care. The Governors have decided that the issue should be accorded the highest of priorities. We aim at all times to work with and support families. We will make referrals following the ESCB (Essex Safeguarding Children's Board) guidelines if we have concerns about a child.
Definition of Safeguarding
From Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021
The full definition of safeguarding is:
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s mental and physical health or development;
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
For details of our safeguarding policies and procedures please see the Policies page on our website.
St Peter’s C of E Primary School
Safeguarding information for visitors
We are committed to safeguarding all of the children in school at all times and there are procedures in place to follow up and report any concerns that are raised.
This document is intended to give all visitors a brief overview of our safeguarding and child protection procedures.
Visitors to the school must:
- Sign in at the main reception when arriving and sign out when leaving
- Ensure their visitors badges are clearly displayed on their clothing at all times while on the school site
- Ensure that they are accompanied by a member of staff, unless otherwise advised
- Report to the main reception and arrange for an identity check if they are going to be working on the school site
If you see or hear anything that a child does or says which concerns you while you are working in school please take time to speak to a member of staff.
The Designated Safeguarding lead is Mrs Cole. In her absence, the second Designated Safeguarding lead is Mrs Sullivan. The governor with responsibility for Safeguarding is Mrs Jackson.
Any concerns raised will be taken seriously and followed up in accordance with our Safeguarding procedures.
Our Safeguarding policies can be found in the policies section of the website at: