Information from CEOP and the Parent Zone
- WhatsApp: a guide for parents and carers
Teenagers love WhatsApp – as do a lot of parents. Here's what parents need to know about it
- When your child is being bullied over their appearance
More than half of 11 to 16 year-olds have been bullied about their looks, according to a recent su…
- From primary to secondary: how to ease your child’s transition
Leaving behind the familiar, safe environment of primary school and setting off for the uncharted…
- Online dating and teens
Advice for parents from NCA-CEOP about online dating sites for teens. Should you be worried?
- Selfies: the good, the bad and the downright irritating
91% of teens have taken a selfie. Should parents be worried or are they just harmless fun?
News and features from BBC News - Education and Family
- Warning on alcohol risk at university initiations
Students starting university are told of the potentially fatal dangers of excessive drinking.
- Labour members call to 'redistribute' private schools' assets
Party members call for assets to be "redistributed democratically and fairly" through the state sect…
- WCAT to be wound up after schools lost £2m in collapse
Schools lost £2m when Wakefield City Academies Trust collapsed at the start of a new term.
- Housing crisis affects estimated 8.4 million in England - research
Millions are in unaffordable or unsuitable homes, research for the National Housing Federation says.
- Ceara Thacker death: Mental health services 'failed student'
Ceara Thacker, 19, was failed by mental health services before killing herself, her parents say.