In the event of the need to close the school in the morning, the site manager will contact the Headteacher if the site is unsafe and the Headteacher will phone the Chair of Governors by 7.00 am.
The Headteacher and Chair will make a decision as to whether closure is necessary or not. We will make every effort to keep the school open but the health and safety of the pupils and staff will remain paramount.
If the decision is to close, the Headteacher will:
- inform staff and parents by email by 7.30 am
- parents who are not in the system will be phoned by the deputy-head who holds the information at home
- the Headteacher will post the closure news on the school website and the school Facebook page
- the Headteacher will post the closure information on the Essex emergency school closures website:
In the event of the necessity to close the school part way through a day, the Headteacher will:
- inform parents by email
- office staff will phone parents not on the system
- the Headteacher will arrange for staff to supervise any children who cannot be collected by parents.
If there is a loss of power we will inform parents by text message.